United Way Request for Partnership
Request for Partnership Overview
In April 2023, United Way of Massachusetts Bay (United Way) launched a new organizational strategy focused on advancing an economically just region – one where access to financial opportunity is universal, and prosperity is shared across race and ethnicity. This is inherently collaborative work; funding of nonprofit organizations is a key element.
Highlights of a United Way Partnership
- Unrestricted funding that supports sustainability
- Opportunities to build the region’s collective capacity by learning what is working and bringing it to scale
- A shared commitment to systems change and collaboration that leverages the expertise of diverse partners across the movement for economic justice
- Focus on Economic Inclusion and Wealth Building; Early Education and Out-of-School Time Programs; Education and Career Pathways for Youth and Young Adults; and Safe and Stable Housing
- Focus on Boston (prioritizing, Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Mattapan, and Roxbury), Cambridge, Chelsea, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Quincy, Revere, Salem, and Taunton
Where to Start
Fill out the eligibility form by clicking apply on this page, which will determine if your organization is a match for this funding opportunity.
- Have 501c3 (not-for-profit) status, or a 501c3 fiscal sponsor
- Support primarily economically vulnerable populations (prioritized investments in organizations focused on Black and Latino/a populations)
- Support or engage people from one of the following places: Boston (focused on Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Mattapan, and Roxbury), Cambridge, Chelsea, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, Quincy, Revere, Salem, and Taunton
- Your organization focuses on one of the following: Economic Inclusion and Wealth Building, Early Education and Out-of-School time, Youth and Young Adult Pathways, or Housing Stability.
Application Logistics & Support
Step 1: This RFP is open to all eligible nonprofit applicants after completing an eligibility form.
Step 2: Full proposals will be available on May 15th in your account, and must be completed and submitted electronically via United Way’s grant management database, Survey Monkey Apply (Smapply), by 5:00 p.m. EDT on July 14, 2023. United Way will only consider proposals submitted by this deadline, via Smapply, and with all required attachments.
You can send technical support requests or other questions that arise while completing the application to CIHelpDesk@supportunitedway.org.